Monday, December 26, 2011

The meaning of "2ndhand"

I write often about my clothes being "2ndhand." This could mean a lot of different things to people. For me, it means that I get the clothes given to me from somebody. It's pretty much like a hand-me-down. We have a bunch of family friends that look through their closet finding things that they don't wear anymore. For some reason they think of me and ask my sisters and I if we want anything they found. They just end up giving us boxes of things they don't know what to do with it. We pick over it and send the rest over the the thrift store. This is a super cheap way of adding things to my closet.

I guess the lesson here is that somebody's trash can be a treasure to someone else. Don't throw things away just because you got tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment